Monday, August 27, 2007

Along Came a Spider...

...at our back door!

She's decided to make her web right over - not above - the doorway every night. At first, Paul was going to, ahem, get rid of her if you catch my drift, but I told him to leave her alone. Me, telling my dear husband to let a spider live...must've confused him a bit!

My sister happened upon said spider as she opened the door to the deck Saturday night to feed Pepi the Puppy Kitty. She had a surprise by this huge [chubby huge, gross huge] arachnid. And quickly shut the door! We turned the light on and saw her spinning her web...cool. Gross, yucky and gives me the willies, but...cool. So, I thought we should let her live.

She's a tidy little thing. She'll take her web down every morning - not leaving the slightest bit behind...you'd really never even know she was there. It's a good thing, too, for the dog and Dani's cat, otherwise my kids would not go out there to put food in the animals bowls!

2 comments:

MamaJen said...

Aaahhhhh!! What is up with the spiders lately??? Guess it's that time of year! I think you've got one of the orb-weaver type of spiders - we get lots of them here outside of our house, too. They *are* kinda neat to watch - their webs are soooo beautiful! As long as they stay outside, I'm fine with them! :-)

Shelly said...

Exactly!! we've also got one on the front porch. i don't like that one as much!