Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Conference speakers include:
Father Frank Papa, S.O.L.T., of Human Life International
acclaimed biographer and editor Dr. Joseph Pearce, Professor and Writer-In-Residence at Ave Maria University
mother-of-twelve and veteran homeschooler Virginia Seuffert;
the Archdiocese of Atlanta’s own Father Thomas Hennessy, an insightful, straight-talking, holy, and well-loved advisor to the homeschooling community.
Please browse our website North Georgia Catholic Homeschool Conference for more information and to purchase tickets.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
When you're done watching that one take a look at this video:
Monday, June 18, 2007
Your Name: Shelly [I'll try and use 'sh' words instead of simply 's']
1. Famous singer/band: Sha Na Na
2. 4 letter word: sh** [what!?...what's wrong with SHUT?]
3. Street name: Sharp St.
4. Color: chartreuse [well, it has the 'sh' sound!]
5. Gifts/presents: shells [too easy!]
7. Items on a menu: shake
8. Boy name: Shannon
9. Girl name: Shelby
10. Movie title: She's Having a Baby
11. Drink: [Megan-you had this too easy!] SHAKE
12. Occupation: shef [I'm no good at spelling]
14. Ummm...there was no 14 so my answer is: Missing
15. Magazine: Shape
16. US City: Shreveport
17. Pro Sports Team: Sharks [hockey] how 'bout the Atlanta Shaves?
18. Reason for being late for work: sharp glass sticking out of eye
19. Something you throw away: shards of glass removed from eye
20. Things you shout: "Sh**" [j/k]..."shazam" [j/k again...I DON'T SHOUT!!!!!! ;)
21. Cartoon character: Shrek [do any of you remember Shmoo?]
Friday, June 15, 2007
First up: Therese. She turned 7 on June 7th. Where exactly does the time go? I know as parents we always ask ourselves this question. But really, now, she *was* just 4-ish [I can't revisit Therese's years 2-3; they used that flashy thing from Men in Black on me]. Since she was a baby, I have always loved Therese's lips...not sure what it is, but I really love those lips of hers. She's such a joy in our lives and a blessing to our family. We love her artistic and inquisitive nature and her quirky observations. She is -and always will be, the Duck Man - oh, I mean our Theresey Poo.
I'll have to post the pictures later of her "real" birthday-day celebration - Daddy was out of town, and we had 6 cupcakes. It was simple and quaint.
She got -among other things; and some yet to come - a brand new bike.
Therese opening her new helmet
First reaction to seeing her bike!
A beautiful bike for a beautiful girl!
A week later we *tried* to have a pool party. We hiked down to the pool - bringing all the party supplies and bundle of balloons - and met up with some of Therese's friends. But Mother Nature didn't allow us to finish it! They got to swim for about 30mins before we all came back to the house and finished the festivities. [*but not before I jumped in the pool - clad with jeans - to save Sophia and John Paul...yeah, nice touch ;)]
That brings us to our second June birthday...John Paul turned 4 on the13th. "Golden Boy" as Paul calls him. He *is* my Golden Boy. Such a sweet soul is our John Paul.