Friday, June 15, 2007

Let the Birthday Season Begin!

I haven't posted for quite some time...it's birthday season. We've got three here in our family this month - plus, Father's Day [don't they say every day is Father's Day?!]


First up: Therese. She turned 7 on June 7th. Where exactly does the time go? I know as parents we always ask ourselves this question. But really, now, she *was* just 4-ish [I can't revisit Therese's years 2-3; they used that flashy thing from Men in Black on me]. Since she was a baby, I have always loved Therese's lips...not sure what it is, but I really love those lips of hers. She's such a joy in our lives and a blessing to our family. We love her artistic and inquisitive nature and her quirky observations. She is -and always will be, the Duck Man - oh, I mean our Theresey Poo.


I'll have to post the pictures later of her "real" birthday-day celebration - Daddy was out of town, and we had 6 cupcakes. It was simple and quaint.

She got -among other things; and some yet to come - a brand new bike.
Therese opening her new helmet



First reaction to seeing her bike!

A beautiful bike for a beautiful girl!


A week later we *tried* to have a pool party. We hiked down to the pool - bringing all the party supplies and bundle of balloons - and met up with some of Therese's friends. But Mother Nature didn't allow us to finish it! They got to swim for about 30mins before we all came back to the house and finished the festivities. [*but not before I jumped in the pool - clad with jeans - to save Sophia and John Paul...yeah, nice touch ;)]

That brings us to our second June birthday...John Paul turned 4 on the13th. "Golden Boy" as Paul calls him. He *is* my Golden Boy. Such a sweet soul is our John Paul.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Man, Therese and John are going to have some good looking kids!

Happy Birthday to all of the Dickinson clan that had birthdays this month!

Sorry to hear your festivities got rained out! :o(

Therese, you look beautiful in blue! Love the bike and the helmet!

Shelly said...

This post is driving me NUTS...can't seem to get things where i want them, and i'm not even done w/it!!