Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Toddler on the Loose

You know that you're a little more laid back when:

your toddler plays in the dog's water - hey at least he's occupied

you let him pull every plastic container out of the cupboard - at least he's not tugging on me to hold him

your toddler makes a break for it out of the pew - during the Consecration - squealing and laughing with joy all the way to the back door cause Mama is chasing him - and this Mama thinks it was really hilarious! [he was still reprimanded, but... :) ] - not a good thing to be sitting so close to the front... at least it was a weekday Mass!

8 comments:

Regina said...

i cant imagine you ever having been that uptight with the others?!
r

The Wades said...

So cute. I can imagine the squeals down the aisle.

It is amazing how much we loosen up with each child.

Sarah said...

Cute post! I can certainly relate! I have two of them right now (twins). I posted a photo today of girl twin who had marker all over her face just minutes before we left for Mass on Sunday. If it would have been my first daughter, I certainly wouldn't have grabbed the camera first before cleaning her up! (I would have been freaking out! =) Oh, and I also have been known on occasion to let them clean out the Tupperware cupboard. It occupies them indeed! BTW, I jumped over from Christine's ...

Anonymous said...

I sometimes wonder what the people behind us in Mass think as I am holding Rose in one arm and hanging on to Danny's shirt with the other hand as he tries to make a break for it during Mass. I'm so glad to hear about you chasing one down the aisle!

Shelly said...

Danette - glad i could help you out! LOL

Sarah - Kala said...

It is rather funny when kids make a run for it during Mass. I chuckle every time. I know some parents are absolutely mortified, but they should laugh - any parent has been there, yeah? We have a couple autistic kids who break for it constantly - they're kids so it's easy to laugh about it.

Anonymous said...

i wish i had a toddler again....
my arms have been aching for another baby.....
my baby will turn 5 next month.
i say let 'em do whatever, they grow up so fast...well, except maybe during the consecration...
i love you shelly. you are such a sweetie. your "mama" posts always hit a nerve with me. the love you have for your children radiates from these pages.
God bless.

Katherine T. Lauer said...

I'm right there with you, Shelley!