Friday, August 10, 2007

And We Haven't Even Begun!!

Today is my first sigh of relief for the new school year....and the only thing I did was order their curriculum! It was more difficult organizing all that ordering than I figured it would be!

I only had to order for 3 of the kids this year, but it really was and *had* to be well thought out and orchestrated. I still need to go down to the dreaded "basement" and find all the books we already have - to avoid duplicating!

I pulled our books this school year from Seton, Catholic Heritage Curriculum and Emmanuel Books. Now the only thing I have yet to do is clean out the school room and...well, start!! Can you tell I'm not ready to start school this year?! Mindset, mindset, mindset!

2 comments:

MamaJen said...

LOL! I'm feeling EXACTLY the same way! I've placed my order (thanks to my mom!), need to collect the stuff I already own, clean the school room...and I am SO not ready to start in just 3 weeks or so! Arrgghh...I've also got 3 kids this year (well, probably 4, cuz the 4 year old will definitely want to join in with his older brothers). I definitely need to work on my attitudes, cuz I want about another 3 months of summer break!! Glad to know I'm not alone! :-)

ChrisP said...

The blog looks great Shelly! I'm jealous, and want to steal some of your ideas. I like the shelf that Paul made. That's impressive. Maybe he should moonlight for Pottery Barn or something!

Happy 39th!