I've been tagged by Kelly for this Meme.
Rules: Each tagged person must post 8 random facts or habits about themselves on their blog. At the end of the post, choose 8 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment telling them that they are tagged and to read your blog. Have fun!
This is going to be extremely difficult for me. I hate talking about myself because I'm so boring.
1. I don't like reading. I'm not one who always reads. Growing up, I never read unless it was required reading. In the past, say, 10yrs - I have bought many "Catholic" books. Sometimes I finish them. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I have my nose in many different books. But then there are the ones that I fly through. I DO LIKE books that hold my interest and aren't "over my head". Besides spiritual books - some fiction that I've recently - in the last 5yrs - read were some books by Nicholas Sparks. His memoirs and The Wedding are my favorites. The Notebook was good too. The only reason my sister and I started reading some of his stuff was because we saw him being interviewed on EWTN's The World Over, by Raymond Arroyo.
2. I have a terrible memory. I do not retain things that I read and it drives me crazy! I'll see a movie and forget some months/years later what it was about, or *if* I even saw it! Growing up *I* was the one that my family would come to to remember something which they were trying to remember. "Let's call Shelly. She'll know." I *used* to have a great memory. The kids sucked all my brain cells out when they were born :O) My husband...GREAT MEMORY!! I ask him all the time, "HOW DO YOU DO THAT??!! How can you remember THAT!" It's just not fair!
3. Things get on my nerves WAY TOO EASILY! It doesn't matter what it is - there are just too many to list. Just a few: mouth noises. toilet seats left up. crude manners. people who go *the* speed limit. cracking knuckles, backs, necks [not just Paul, anyone!]. when people tell me things over and over again. reading over my shoulder. lack of humility. lack of common sense. dreadlocks, esp. in the sporting arena. when people don't get a joke. a know-it-all. See! and that's just a few things! I wish I wasn't *in tune* to most of these things. Why wasn't I blessed with more creativity, patience, humility - instead of being so intuitive to these stupid things! Something more to work on.
4. My core personality is very organized and efficient. Though my household does not reflect that, in my opinion. Things are extremely unorganized and down-right messy around here most of the time...and it drives me *insane*.
5. I'm not a very affectionate person - no lovey dovey stuff here. I didn't grow up with that either. But I show my love for my family by doing things for them. I like to help them do their chores sometimes - I think that also teaches them to help each other out. I like to do unexpected things for my husband. Not that he picks up on them, but I do them to show my love. I also like to help him when he's in need - whether it's work related or fixing/doing things around the house.
6. I pick my feet. Hey, it's in my lineage!! My mom and brother do it too! In fact, I remember my brother saying that he had an added bonus this summer while driving down to Houston with the cruise control...he could pick his feet at will!! [this drives my kids CRAZY! "Eewwww...why do you do that!?" Sometimes I'll spot one of my younger kids watching me...closely - to see exactly what is it that I'm doing. It's gross, but a fact!
7. I get excited when my husband comes home. It's weird, to me. Internally, I feel excited. Like, "Yay". Maybe a part of that is when I was younger and got excited when my dad would come home. Even if I'm mad at him, I get that YAY feeling. But I really like feeling that way :O)
Gosh, just one more...
8. I am competitive. I don't like losing. Another awful flaw. Being competitve can be a good thing. Not for me. I don't "lose with grace" - as I teach my kids to. Who likes a sore loser? A poor sport? I DON'T! But I am! LOL! I blame this on my dad. We'd play a game like....checkers or something. He'd beat my pants off and yell, "Whew Hoo!! In your face!!". Yeah, I was 6. ::crackin' up::
Okay, I guess I need to find some to tag. Don't know if you've already been tagged, but here it goes: Katherine, Esther, Mom to 5 Minnies, Nicole, Busy Bee Mama, Christina, Angie, and Georgie!