Thursday, February 4, 2010

Enrolled

Today the kids were enrolled in the Brown Scapular. A very holy priest - just ordained in June - offered Mass and afterwards did the enrollment. It was such a special ceremony that I even had him place my scapular on me. I've been enrolled, since second grade - First Holy Communion. The scapulars were given to us. But there was no ceremony or anything said to us about the scapular. So, just to be on the safe side - I was enrolled. Again.

Some moms had their littles and even babies enrolled - but I only did my 6.5yo on up. I think First Commuion is the time most begin to wear one - though this priest did leave it to the discretion of the mom.

Good thing I got the kids scapulars when I went to the shrine last month!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations!

Soutenus said...

How wonderful!!
Blessings!

+JMJ+ said...

That is GREAT news! God bless you all.

regan said...

congrats.
it is a beautiful cermony.
we were "re"-enrolled when the middle kids made their first communion-as a family-it was very grand. i think it is nice for the kids to experience it like so. and scapulars from the "shrin", oohhh. how special!

Anonymous said...

Is there some type of software (McAfee, Norton, Symantec, etc.) that you can buy to get rid of the Sheur2 trojan once and for all? As in it won't reinstall itself after you reboot the computer... [url=http://gordoarsnaui.com]santoramaa[/url]