Friday, October 2, 2009

Our Week ~ the Letter "D" and More...

~The Letter "D"~





"D" is for Doggies
Thank you Sophia, for helping Mommy :)

St. Dominic [thanks to Jessica for sharing :) ]
Photobucket

Daniel in the Lions Den
and I just have to add that I was so impressed with Joseph's coloring here.  He doesn't really take
the time to color nicely - usually just a couple marks of a crayon and I hear, "I'm Done!!!".
But this time I asked him to take his time and get rid of the white.  I try to prompt him by asking "what color
is the sky?"  -- "what color are lions?"  -- "what color is dirt?"
Photobucket

Photobucket
The Doggie Doctor


Dinosaur Craft - aka Little Foot - also found here
Photobucket





studying Noah for Therese...

...and Moses for Sophia

Love the colors she chose for the burning bush...


Huge week for feasts!


Feast of the Archangels, Sept. 29
Dinner was just angel hair pasta. Nothing elaborate. I think it was a softball night
as well ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
St. Jerome's Feast Day, Sept. 30
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
St. Therese's Feast Day, Oct. 1
The kids did color these pictures of her but took them to
one of our elderly neighbors - who happens to be a lay Carmelite :) Perfect!
Never could find lady fingers to make homemade eclairs. Darn it!
So, we just had La Chicken Tacos for dinner!! [also a softball night!]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feast of the Guardian Angels, Oct. 2
coloring sheet here
Photobucket
The Manner Alphabet "B"!
Photobucket

Drawing Class
Tuttle Turtle



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Even though this is in the beginner section, it was very difficult.
Lots of difficult lines and lots of shading.
Kudos to my 6, 7 and 9yo for sticking
with it!

Photobucket
How sweet when I was met by this bouquet of dandelions!!
Thank you so much Therese!

Have a wonderful weekend y'all!

4 comments:

Tracy C. said...

Shelly! It looks like y'all are having so much fun. I love the dinosaur stuff, my kids are total dinosaur fans. When my oldest boys were little we got them to eat their green veggies by telling them they were 'tree stars'! We are at a hybrid school this year and while there are some things I am liking (no paperwork for mom...) there are many things I miss, like fun stuff....(sigh)

I have kept my eye on your blog, even while I was taking an break. Thanks for stopping by and remembering me!

Christine said...

Love the art work. LOVE IT!

regan said...

all of your alphabet path stuff looks so great, shelly. my hats off to you ladies who are doing it, i really wish i had the time to do it with my little guy...i am trying to keep my head above water with all of these "students" i've got. i could really go for some dino stuff!

Allison said...

tHIS WAS DELIGHTFUL!

Great to see all this artwork.