Saturday, October 17, 2009

piles

Since last Saturday I've been a bit under the weather. And you know what happens when mom is ill...


Mom Faces the Monster in the Laundry Room

Yeah, so that was what my goal was yesterday. To Tackle That Laundry!

seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...




this last picture was taken around 9:30pm
I have to confess that there is laundry in the washer and dryer here...
OH, and there's a clean load in a basket which I pulled out
of there for the sake of a clean laundry room photo :)
This morning I got the rest washed, dried, folded and put away!
Yay!
I must also add that the putting away task does include children!

The ugly orange Home Depot bucket is where I keep my homemade
laundry detergent. I just made a new batch this afternoon. It works okay, I suppose.
I still use my Oxi-Clean with every load. The homemade detergent is definitely cheaper.
Plus, there is something Oh-So-Gratifying about making your own soap!

It feels so good to accomplish a daunting task :)

3 comments:

Therese said...

when did you sneak into my laundry and take that picture?

Seriously though, every family with more than 4 children can relate to photos like that.

Vicki said...

I LOVE the last picture!!! I worked on my laundry room today, and I know there's nothing like a nice clean laundry room.

J & D's Family said...

good job , Shelly!!