Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Little 80's flashback? Yeah, me too. Sorry if it gets stuck in your head...

But that's not what this post is about. It actually is about my boys...and how I'll get smiles from them in the morning and a huge smile from Daddy when he reads this post.

An 8pm run to the grocery [no milk - ahhh...now you see!] turned into new make-up items for me, some boy toys, and a
container for the boys' school blocks. That's right, they're only to be played with during our school time [I know, I know...]. So want to see what I got? Oh, I just knew you would!

Like I said in a recent post, our first 4 are girls. Lots of Barbies, babies, dress-up clothes and kitchen dishes and such. Now, we have the run-of-the-mill trucks, blocks, swords and dinosaurs - but *nothing* like this pair pictured above. Well, that's not exactly true. John Paul has a Spiderman [whom he loves!] that rides on a 3-wheeler. But the boys have nothing this big and braun!

These are the foam building blocks I got from Hobby Lobby this past Tuna Day. Within the first hour of them being played with, I found countless teeth marks in most of them! What's with you kids!



And here I got these cutting mats 4/$2.99 - I got 2 packages. I'm going to use them as craft mats for the kids. Play-Doh [or clay-doh as the littles call it], painting, etc. Modeling clay, unlike Play-Doh, is pretty tacky and will smear and stick on surfaces such as granite, hands, faces, upholstery. At least the Crayola clay I got does. Hopefully these will save on some wear and tear and nerves.

And I'll save you from my make-up purchases. I get kind of excited to try a new lipstick...it takes a good 10-15mins for me to decide which color will be the perfect one. When I got home and put my paraphernalia away, I opened my lipstick and applied it. It wasn't the perfect one. Well, it's not awful - it just doesn't have that BAM that I was hoping for. Don't you just hate that!? [I don't want comments from any men on that! - especially from a certain man along with the word Smolder]

So my MNO grocery run was not only some post-day relief, it was also very satisfying to bee-bop the make-up aisle and to find additional schoolhouse items. The *tops* was the Super Hero duo and the *bottoms* was Ginger Rose. **sigh**

At least tomorrow morning they can have milk in their cereal...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

LOL! Sounds like a fun trip! I bet the boys were thrilled!