Saturday, September 22, 2007

Whoops!

So a couple days ago I got the 3 girls [dd #2, 3 & 4] - the ones who share a room - matching jammies. Sophia tried the bottoms to her jammies on and came out in frustration to show me how they didn't fit...they were just a bit too long. I told her that it wasn't that big of a deal...I'd simply hem them for her. "Just go put them on my bed, and I'll fix them for you." "Okay." And she did.

Well today I took the jammie pants and grabbed my needle and thread and proceded to hem the pant leg. After I was done with the first one I called Sophia into my room so I could see if the length was sufficient. As I turned the pants right side out I saw the "M" on the tag. That could only mean one thing. She had originally tried on Therese's bottoms! That's why they were so long! Sophia and I just laughed when I showed her the tag and what she had done.


I am anything but a sewer. I can do a few things. I guess hemming is one of them. I was kind of feelin' proud of myself. Not bad...

It was, however, rather difficult to take out the hem! Humility :O)

Oh, and yes, I still have to hem her size "S"!

1 comment:

Karrot's Blog said...

Good Job!! Something I would do -if I still had my kids at home!!

Love,

Mom