Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wonders of Sisterhood ~ Through a Mother's Eyes

The 3 girls - who share a room - got to camp out tonight. Well, it's not camping out in the traditional sense. Camping out for them consisted of sleeping bags, pillows, stuffed animals, a CD player, playing cards and Legos. But on the floor of their large room. They popped popcorn and took it upstairs to their room along with their water bottles. Dani read them a story and they played cards. As I got done putting Charlie to bed, I ever so gently opened their door a crack to spy. It was at this point that I overheard Dani say that they'd play with Legos for a bit after they were done with their card game [which Dani was setting up, ever so carefully, as I peered in] Yes, I was eavesdropping and it tickled my heart beyond belief! They were so adorable. So very sweet. It made me beam with such joy at their simple contentment and love for each other.

Those are the moments. The moments that God gives you to show you that you're doing a fine job in raising your precious children - children that are SO much more precious to Him. Whom He loves more than we will ever be able to. Hard to imagine. Those moments also teach us how God feels when He looks at us. Our Father.

1 comment:

Katherine T. Lauer said...

I really look forward to having multiple children to entertain each other. So many people think I should just leave John to sit alone and cry, but I figure he's not being a brat: he's bored! He has no siblings yet. Why would he want to sit alone when I'm right there across the room and he can be on my hip or at my feet? He's no dumbie.