Saturday, September 29, 2007

First Fall Game...

Yes, I know it's football season. But Dani is playing fall ball this season - softball, that is. And this past Thursday was their first game. They are the Red Team - the girls got to choose their team name - the Tamales! Cute, huh?

Fall ball is a bit unlike the spring season - in that the focus is more on teaching them the fundamentals and less on the competition of it all...not that they want to lose, mind you :O)

Dani is having a blast. She really loves softball and has been practicing so much. She's been practicing extra hard on pitching too.

So the whole Party of Nine went including Grandma and Grandpa.

These were taken before the game:

Remember Petey from Little Rascals? The first 10 minutes we were there Joseph got filthy!

I don't know why she likes to cross her eyes or is it eye?

There's our #3! She was a bit bummed. She's got a thing for the #9. So I told her it's a three for the Blessed Trinity. I think she kind of liked that :O)
See! She's in the circle. Pitching her very first game! Very exciting! She did very well.

So they did end up losing, but they really are a young team and it's their first game. They'll work out all the kinks and learn to work together as a team. Go Tamales!!!

3 comments:

Therese said...

Go Tamales. I can cheer you all on from way down under.

I have tagged you for a meme Shelly. See my blog for details.

God bless
Therese

ChrisP said...

Cool photos/video. Dang, you're getting pretty sophisticated. I'll have to learn some of your tricks when I talk to you next!

How did you get Paul to play guitar and sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" like that? He did a great job!

J & D's Family said...

Adorable!!

Love,

Mom