Thursday, January 24, 2008

17 Years Ago Today...

...Paul and I were blessed with our first child - Kayla! Isn't she beautiful! Her sisters love her so much. You should have seen the preparations they made for today's festivities - Dani as their ringleader!
Talking to Aunt Karen who called with a big Happy Birthday!

The 'actors'

Dani's Brownie Cake or should I say Brownie Pile! It stuck to the bottom of the glass pan. That's probably my fault. Dani said that the directions said to flour the bottom of the pan, I told her to skip it...just butter the bottom. So...my fault. But they tasted AWESOME!

Paper chains! Remember making paper chains in grade school? They were strung all over the downstairs.

...a banner that the kids made with all their artwork.

A little Happy Birthday Song before the Brownie Pile! Notice the 152 on the cake; we're a creative bunch...15 + 2 = 17!! [of course you didn't notice the numbers on the candle! Could you see anything at all!! LOL - Great video...::duh:: - you'll hear, since you can't see, Joseph crying b/c he wanted to blow out a candle. So Dani relit a candle and Joseph blew it out. Yay :o/

A little diddy by Dani & Therese!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAYLA! YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING AND JOY TO OUR FAMILY!! WE LOVE YOU!

8 comments:

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Holymoly! You guys act just like my crazy kids! Heehee, happy birthday KAYLA...and many more! I'm doing the "happy birthday jiggy" for you right now but I don't look as cool as your sisters because it's a known fact that pregnant people can NOT dance properly or look even a little bit cool while attempting it. I won't be taking video. Seventeen is such a cool age. You still get to have the excuse of being "just a kid" but you get to drive (maybe)! I think seventeen was one of my favorite years. Hey, Mom, do YOU feel oooooold now? Huh, do ya? I know I do and I only have a 13 year old for my oldest! Aw, it doesn't matter at all. They are all so beautiful and FUN. They keep us nice and young (acting, anyway). I'll go back and see which meme you tagged me fer. Sheesh, I don't like the PRESSURE! Heeheehee!

Ruby said...

Happy Birthday KAYLA - beautiful girl...
By God's Grace, may you have many, many more and continue to bring your parents and siblings great joy.

Boy, do kid's grow up fast!!

Birthday blessings...Ruby

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Permit me to introduce myself. My name is Cathy and I am so glad I have met the Keeper of the Keys! Good Day to you.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Forgive me...I met you at the Crocus in the Valley. Meant to tell you before.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful young woman!

Megan said...

Oh my! I can not believe she is 17, where does all the time go!

Happy Birthday Kayla! You are an amazing young woman and blessing to everyone who has the great pleasure of knowing you!

Sarah Faith said...

Wow. Just the thought of having a seventeen year old blows my mind. I guess it will happen for me eventually. But it must be great. Congratulations on being a mom 17 years!!

Therese said...

Kayla was born just two days before we got married. Happy Birthday Kayla.