Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You Can Pass

I was tagged by Regina for this Book Meme...
Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

"In all prayer, we have to gain the goodwill of Him to Whom we pray; next we say what we pray for. Goodwill is usually gained when we offer praise to Him to Whom the prayer is directed, and this praise is usually put at the beginning of the prayer. And in this particular, our Lord has commanded us to say nothing else but "Our Father who art in Heaven" (Mt. 6:9)."
From: Understanding "OUR FATHER" Biblical Reflections on the Lord's Prayer By Scott Hahn

I tag: Megan, Danette, Paula, PaulaB52, and Laura -

4 comments:

Martin said...

How wonderful that the nearest book was so inspiring! That says a lot about you! The nearest book to me is...not so inpiring, but if you need a love story I've got one handy. :) Thanks for your kind words at my blog! Misery does love company -how sad is that? I'm glad to know I am not the only one out there with um...busy kids. Yours are sure cute! I'll visit again soon - Have a great day! And now that you have snow, make sure you know where the baby is at all times! ;)

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

"He settled himself into his armchair and began to talk in the tone he might have used to give a familiar lecture:..."

Okay, now you have to guess which book it's from!

Hahahaha!

Shelly said...

GK Chesterton...he's the first person who comes to mind! HA!

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Woohoo! Close! It's the Nancy Brown, Father Brown Reader! I just realized that I should have posted the next, three sentences. You would have gotten it for sure, then!