Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back in Time

This was the topic on a radio show as I was driving to Adoration last week:

What song is it that takes you back in time? When you hear it, something inside you just goes back to what you were doing, your state of mind, friends you were with...

For me...there are sooooo many. A few are:

Come on Eileen
Another One Bites the Dust
Sara [Jefferson Starship]
Kyrie
Straight Up
Black Velvet
Okay - and for my sister Karen - Abracadabra!

And the list goes on...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another One Bites the Dust -- oh yeah, one of my favorites!

Megan said...

"In Your Eyes" from the movie "Say Anything"

-"I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen"

Loved that movie!

That and any song I used to go roller skating to, and actually many, many others. Music is a very powerful thing!

Shelly said...

That's why "Another One Bites the Dust" made the list...it was a roller skating rink song!

Karrot's Blog said...

... what about...
Abracadabra... I remember doing a dance with you ... with this song...
watch this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyAOSPtrCLI

Funny!

Shelly said...

okay, Karen, it's been amended!!

Karrot's Blog said...

thanks...(sounds like 'thinks') like Mr. Liddy!

Karrot's Blog said...

thanks...(sounds like 'thinks') like Mr. Liddy!

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Purple Rain. Stupid song but it makes the pit of my stomach turn over into that goofy feeling I used to get while slow dancing with a boy I liked in Jr. high. Also, it makes me remember how I promised the next dance to some guy that I didn't like and got stuck with Purple Rain (loooooooong song, remember? That thing never seemed to end when you were sniffing some 8th grade kid's B.O....ew!) Good times!

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Oh my gosh, that video was a hoot! And what's with all the tight, white pants...ewwwwwwwww! NOT a good idea for a guy!