Friday, June 13, 2008

Feast of Saint Anthony ~

St. Anthony of Padua - Pray for Us!
He is typically depicted with a book and the Infant Child Jesus, to whom He miraculously appeared, and is commonly referred to today as the "finder of lost articles." Upon exhumation, some 336 years after his death, his body was found to be corrupted, yet his tongue was totally incorrupt, so perfect were the teachings that had been formed upon it.
My grandpa died 4.5yrs ago. His name is Anthony. So this is also in remembrance of him. John Paul - our first living son - was the last of our brood whom my grandpa met before he died. I always thought there was something special in that..... my grandpa LOVED children, esp the babies!
He and his wife - whom he married after my grandma died - were big in the pro-life movement. I believe he was even jailed once for his love of life in the womb. It brought such joy to his last days to meet John Paul who was only around 5mo old at the time - my granda died around 2 mo later. Plus the fact that John Paul's birthday is on St. Anthony's feast day - is a special *bonus* :o)
So, Grandpa, please pray for us all - as I pray for you. May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

No comments: