Tuesday, October 9, 2007

40 Years Ago...

...on the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, my mom and dad got married!

So we three kids got busy planning :O) It was definitely a surprise......

My sister, Karen, arranged a Latin Mass for them where they would, unbeknownst to either of them, renew their vows. Of course my brother and sister said that they hoped they wouldn't be too surprised and refuse to do it - could you imagine them...making this big scene during a Mass!! The thought is quite hilarious! - Karen sent out some invites to close friends of our parents.

My brother and his fiance [Chris and Nina] flew in from Houston Friday night and stayed with us. Then they surprised Mom and Dad at the little chapel. But, back in June my brother surprised my parents with a trip to Rome! They leave at the end of this month - so they are getting ready.

This was a Techniversary - as we coined it.

They received a new camera from us: [before unwrapping - isn't he cute!?]

Hey...nice wrapping


After. You can see here how my dad didn't let go of his camera even as they opened Chris and Nina's gifts - personal iPods!

Now they are set for Rome. Well, except for Mom's shoes...but that's another story :O)

What a beautiful gift I have in my parents. Funny how life is, ya know? Just how much you appreciate and love your parents as you get older. We just don't fully appreciate them as youngsters.

With that said, Thank You MOM and DAD for all you have ever done for me [not to mention my OWN family!]. You are truly PRICELESS. Truly BLESSED! May God bless you!

~My Beautiful Mother~


Other shots from the day:


*Note: No, Dani does not ever take her camo hat off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful, happy, and faith-filled family!

Megan said...

Hmmmmm...I think I know someone else who never takes his camoflauge hat off either! Wonder if he and Dani would get along?

What a beautiful weekend for your wonderful parents! Tell them congratulations for us and we will keep them in our prayers for a safe trip!

Therese said...

congratulations to your parents on their 40 years together.