Monday, October 8, 2007

In 1492...

...Columbus sailed the ocean blue!
Captain Christopher Columbus' ensign (banner) pictured a cross and the crown-topped initials F (for King Ferdinand of Spain) and Y (for Queen Isabella of Spain).

Happy Columbus Day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Therese and Sophia worked on a Columbus booklet, John Paul colored a ship, and Dani had to find how many words were in the title Columbus Day; all of which I downloaded from this awesome resource.
And since I have no memory, whenever I read that the Santa Maria sank [after landing] - the other two made it back to Spain - I'm always like: Oh, wow! I never knew that! Not only do I learn something new everyday, but it's always recycled!
God Bless America!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

That Enchanted Learning website looks awesome. I think I might join.