Saturday, October 13, 2007

This Cannot Be My Baby!

Tonight is homecoming. Enough said, right?

Kayla went with a bunch of girls from school. They met for dinner then one of the mom's took them back over to the school for the dance.

We had fun picking out her dress this past week. And we got such a good deal on it that I also bought her another dress - which she'll probably use for my brother's wedding in March.

We also had fun doing her make-up tonight. It was dramatic for her formal, but not as dramatic as when I was plucking her eyebrows while Aunt Karen was clipping her toenails in preparation for polish. Karen got a bit of skin on one clip and I got a bit of skin on a pluck! We needed to quit before Kayla showed up bloodied and bruised! oh, yeah. She also burned her neck with the curling iron! It was a good time :O)

Well, here is our beautiful Kayla. She shines in more ways than one!
It's amazing to see your oldest growing up. Becoming beautiful both inside and out. It's a little scary, but very thrilling to see the daughter you've raised become the young lady you've always hoped she'd become. I know we're not done. But she makes it so easy to go through these experiences on the flip-side - as parents. I know my parents wished they had had it so easy with me :O) Oh, but she's our first! We have 3 more girls - one of whom will surely fill their "I can't wait til you have a daughter just like you" visions! It just won't be Kayla :O)

Kayla ~ We love you and pray for you always! We're so glad you had a wonderful night. You deserve it!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh wow - this post made me cry! Thanks for being such a great mom, and Kayla sure does look gorgeous!

Therese said...

It must be the mom hormones. It brought a tear to my eye too. She is very beautiful and I love her dress.

Megan said...

Oh, she looks so beautiful, what a wonderful post. Had to laugh at Paul in his bum equipment shirt though! The words "BUM" really stand out!