Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fireproof

If you click on Watch Videos you can see the trailer. Don't forget to shut up my music :o)

The thing that I don't like about it, from what I can tell, is that saving the relationship seems to lie on his shoulders [actor, Kirk Cameron] and his shoulders only. I hope that that's not the only message. I'm a firm believer that both have to give their all - and it [a change] can start with one of the two, but it still shouldn't only be up to the one. Why is it that it's always the man's fault when things aren't going well? This is an interesting site that someone in our homeschooling group pointed us towards. Click on 'free movies' then 'marriage'.

h/t: Christine!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any news from our girls????

Regina said...

didnt click on the trailor but am wondering since it stars kirk if it is part of the left behind series. just a reminder, it might be a good movie, but it isnt Catholic belief.
r

Therese said...

Hi Shelly,

I have passed an award onto your blog.

See my blog for details.

God bless
Therese

Shelly said...

regina, i'm going to go out on a limb and say no that it's not [left behind]. no, you're right, it's not Catholic but it's wholesome, needed and they aren't afraid to say Jesus' name reverently - a breath of fresh air :o)

I'm only going on my experiences from their 2 other movies: Flywheel and Facing the Giants

Christine said...

I also knew that it wasn't Catholic but there just isn't much out there that is. From the trailor it does look good. I will rent it when it comes out.

I agree marriage goes both ways but sometimes one partner has to be stronger when the other isn't. Yesterday I wasn't. Thank goodness he was!