Saturday, August 30, 2008

In the Minority

I'm used to being in the minority when it comes to certain issues, decisions, thought-provoking... thoughts [!]. So is it any wonder that I'm very disappointed with McCain's VP decision? No... not really.


Am I against women working? No. Not necessarily. But sometimes, yes. I'm very old-school when it comes to mothers working. And again, there are times when mothers need to work... have to work. I understand that.


What I have a problem with is when mothers work just for the sake of working... not wanting to lose whatever it is she feels she loses if she were to just stay at home with her child/ren. Almost feeling as if raising her children wasn't enough for her. That I've got a problem with. And that's the problem I have with Sarah Palin.


As a person - a mother, she can get no higher respect from me. She is indeed a wonderful role-model. In the face of our culture of death - she has turned her back. As a mother of 5 gifts from God, I know she faces the same joys, fears and thoughts as we all do as mothers. And then some. I'm ecstatic that she's Pro-Life! That's terrific that a person in any office is. But...


how can she be this person in this very powerful position - this Vice President to the United States of America - on the world stage and be the mother, the wife, the heart of her home that she needs to be. Someone will suffer. Will it be the American people? Or her family?


I don't want to feel [and I'm a woman... we do feel] that our VP - who's traveling here and there, doing this and that, not doing this or that, speaking to this leader and that leader - should really be home. I don't even want this to be an issue. I don't think it should be an issue. Call me old-fashioned.


We teach our girls that they can have whatever job/occupation they desire when they get older, but the most important job and the only one that really matters is the one with the title: Mother. That is the ultimate job. And that should be their place when that comes to be.


And again, I'm not saying women who are mothers shouldn't work - I have some friends that do and they work around dh's schedule to still be home with the kids - I'm only saying that there's something to be said for sacrificing for the good of the family.

To learn more how feminism has hurt our country and our society read Save the Males.


So please don't blast my views or call me uncompassionate. I'm not and I'm not meaning to come across that way.

We need to pray for the future of our country. Which is still the greatest country on earth.

5 comments:

Therese said...

I understand your concerns Shelly. A mother needs to put her family needs first and foremost. From the little I know of Sarah Palin, she is a firm believer in family first. I have also been told that her husband is a very supportive family man.

My belief is that God could be calling Sarah to be the next Vice President of the United States. If she is following her way instead of God's way, this will have serious repercussions for her family. After listening to her speech when John McCain announced her as VP I was so moved by her speech and thought this is just what McCain needs.

Regina said...

not an issue for me. of course, i want to go get a job daily (i was raised by a single mom who constantly harped on not needing a man). i also think it is fine if the dad is the one staying home and mom is the one working-call me crazy ;)
r

Vicki said...

Although I am very enthused about Sarah Palin's nomination, I have had some of the same thoughts. I can only hope that her husband would be a full time stay at home dad to be there for the family. I also think that she must have some excellent management skills to allow her to do what she does.

The Wades said...

I hear what you're saying. I cannot imagine making it all work. I'll hope for the best.

Karrot's Blog said...

I just hope she is doing God's Will. If she is, then what we say... doesn't matter, does it?
God's Will Be Done